Red Heart Gleam Yarn Review
We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
Red Heart Gleam Yarn Review
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeChristmasCrafts.com
Gleam by Red Heart is a stunningly beautiful yarn any knitter or crocheter will cherish. Wrapped through with strands of gold or silver, this glamorous yarn proclaims elegance and charm.
Red Heart Boutique Gleam Yarn is a medium, worsted weight yarn that is 96% acrylic and 4% other fibers. About 169 yards comprise each skein. For knitting, about 18x22 stitches on 5mm needles produces your 4x4" swatch. For crochet, 12x14 single crochet stitches with a 5.5mm hook produces your 4x4" swatch.
The most distinctive feature of this yarn is the metallic wrapping throughout. These strands of gold and silver wrap unevenly for a really striking look on your finished projects; think small metallic patches with yarn peeking through. When looking at finished projects using Gleam, I'm reminded of gold leaf spread in patches over the work. The effect is subtle. This yarn is not a variegated color-metallic-color yarn, but that very slight hint of the variegated shows with the uneven wrap of the metallic thread.
Gleam comes in 8 colors, primarily jewel tones. A few neutral colors make for gorgeous winter accessories like scarves and hats because they will match most clothes but still possess that slight shimmer. Although metallics are lovely for winter, the jewel tones fit well as bright accessories for any season. The Canyon color---red yarn with gold metallic thread---seems like the perfect accessory to a fall outfit, and Patina---a turquoise and gold combination---would be lovely as a light shawl for summer.
Although this yarn has a metallic thread woven throughout, it is not itchy. In fact, this yarn is deliciously soft. I can't wait to make something with it! A gorgeous crochet cowl pattern can be found on the label, and really it's too pretty to pass up. For a beautiful wedding present, Christmas gift, elegant throw, or really any project, definitely check out this gorgeous yarn from Red Heart.
What's your favorite craft to make for Christmas?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
This holiday season, create an elegant mantle display with a hint of rustic design with this simple wood pallet craft. Made in snowy… Continue reading: "Wood Pallet Christmas Tree Sign"
- Enter to win the 18 Piece Cookie Cutters Set!
- The Best Yarn to Use for Christmas Crafts
- Win a Red Heart Holiday Yarn Duo!
- Chance to win Red Heart Super Saver Yarn!
- Chance to win the Japanese Creations Chigiri-e Washi Paper Art Kit!
- Chance to win Texture Duck Tape!
- Chance to win a June Tailor Shape Cut Plus Slotted Ruler!
- Chance to Win a Really Reasonable Ribbon Monthly Subscription
- Enter to win Lion Brand Wool-Ease Yarn!
- Chance to win the Ultimate 7-Piece Silicone Baking Set!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Air Dry Clay Ornaments
- Pinwheel Crochet Swirl Doily
- Quick, Cheap And Easy Diy Christmas Ornament
- Personalized Embroidered Map Ornaments
- Tin Can Butterfly Ornaments
- Personalized Map Seashell Gift Idea
- How To Make An Advent Calendar Out Of An Old Dictionary
- Collapsible Quilted Tabletop Tree
- Die Hard Christmas Ornament
- Polar Express Shadow Box
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects