Red Heart Scrubby Yarn
We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
Red Heart Scrubby Yarn
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeChristmasCrafts.com
When your favorite dishcloth or dish scrubber is just about done it can be heartbreaking. It was the perfect weight and thickness, and it was the only one that got dirty pots clean after making a messy meal. Don't bother trying to replicate it, but instead work up one of your own designs! Red Heart's Scrubby Yarn is the perfect texture, and a worsted weight yarn like this can withstand plenty of grease and scrubbing.
Cutting costs is exactly what will happen by making your own dishcloths, and you get the colors and design you really want. This yarn is more versatile than you would think, and I love to use it to work up shower scrubbies as well as dish scrubs. This yarn is great at exfoliating, so if you use a washcloth made with Scrubby Yarn on your face, you will be shocked at the results. A Clairsonic can run you over $100, while this yarn will only cost a few bucks! Your whole family will love these scrubbies, so try making them in everyone's favorite colors, or, better yet, their favorite animals. Nothing says "bath time" like a fun, animal-shaped washcloth. The possibilities really are endless with this yarn.
Because you will be using these scrubbies over and over again, you might be worried about bacteria build up. However, this yarn is machine washable, and because it is 100% polyester, it will dry quickly afterward. This is great because it eliminates the need for a dryer, which could ruin the shape of your scrubby. Perfect for so many different projects, Red Heart's Scrubby Yarn is a great addition to your yarn collection.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
If you're tired of the expected red and green for Christmas, shake things up with these pretty and pink DIY ornaments. These Mod 60s… Continue reading: "Mod 60s Inspired DIY Ornaments"
- The Best Yarn to Use for Christmas Crafts
- Kaisercraft Beyond the Page Advent Calendar Kit
- Chance to Win a Really Reasonable Ribbon Monthly Subscription
- Enter to Win the Martha Stewart Holiday Treats Kit Giveaway!
- Chance to win Bernat Maker Home Dec Yarn!
- Martha Stewart Crafts Treat Boxes
- Jingle Bells Bonbons
- Enter to win the Summer Stamp Collection!
- Enter for a chance to win Caron One Pound Yarn!
- Chance to win Serendipity Tweed Yarn!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Lacy Crochet Doily Tablemat
- Winter Welcome Snowman Wreath
- Festive Foam Cup Snowmen
- Reversible Snowman Wood Sign
- Make Your Own Rectangle Crochet Basket
- How To Make A Popcorn Crochet Flower
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create free eBook
- 10 Quick and Easy Christmas Gifts to Make free eBook
- Teddy Bear Crochet Basket
- Flower Motif Edged Crochet Table Mat
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects