Caron One Pound Yarn Review
We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
Caron One Pound Yarn Review
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeChristmasCrafts.com
When knitting or crocheting with some of the finest yarns you never want to go back to the stuff you started out with. However, working with those specialty yarns might prevent you from trying other yarns that are fabulous to work with. Caron One Pound Yarn is definitely a yarn you must try for your next project.
Caron One Pound is a worsted weight yarn made with 100% acrylic fibers that can be both knitted and crocheted with a 5.0mm hook and needle. What you'll absolutely love about this yarn is its sheer skein size. Simply said, it comes in a 16 ounce skein that is machine washable and dryable. Nothing beats the value of Caron One Pound.
A yarn this large is perfect for one skein patterns like hats and gloves, shawls and cowls, and even amigurumi patterns. Who wouldn't love to get a little amigurumi friend for a Christmas gift; this yarn is perfectly soft which will make any amigurumi huggable and loveable. Looking to make a knit blanket or crochet afghan? Caron One Pound allows you to use only one to two skeins for a beautiful blanket that can be used for many years to come. Just one skein can make four scarves. Four!
When you're working up a pattern this yarn has a bit of stiffness to it, so it'll give your project nice body and texture. If you want it to be a bit softer, just throw it in the wash with some fabric softener and you'll be amazed at how soft it'll come out. Because it comes in such a large skein you'll find it calming knowing you don't have to tie on another skein in the middle of a project.
Yarnspirations never disappoints, so of course this yarn comes in an amazing variety of colors like country rose, lavender blue, grass green, pumpkin, soft sage, sunflower, espresso, scarlet and many others. Mix and match for a variegated design or use one solid color for the more classic look. Caron One Pound does not have a dye lot, so you can go back and get the same color any time you want, without the worry of the same shade being gone.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Reusable Reindeer Place Markers
- Easy Boxwood Christmas Wreath
- DIY Painted Christmas Ornaments
- Vintage Advent Printable Paper Craft
- Fun DIY Beer Advent Calendar
- Fun Christmas DIY Wall Art for Kids
- Easy Holiday DIY Mosaic for Kids
- 8 Homemade Christmas Gifts for Adults
- Premier Gradient Yarn Box
- Easy Christmas Angel Crochet Pattern
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects