Serendipity Tweed Yarn
We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
Serendipity Tweed Yarn
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeChristmasCrafts.com
I was very young when I learned how to knit from my Grandma; I made a baby blanket for my doll, and boy did it take a long time to make. To this day I still think knitting is a bit more difficult than crochet, but I love the look of knit stitches. My favorite part though, is experimenting with new yarns and checking out all the fabulous colors. I just love bulky yarn because you can work up a project so quickly, but worsted weight and lightweight are great, too. When I found Serendipity Tweed from Brown Sheep Company, I was very excited.
Serendipity Tweed is a blend of 60% cotton and 40% wool that I haven't had the chance to work with yet. Having two small kids it's difficult to find "me" time, but I can't wait to try this. It's approximately 210 yards per skein and five stitches per inch. Washing instructions are quite descriptive: You can hand wash in cool water using Brown's Top of the Lamb Shampoo and 1/8 cup of white vinegar. After rinsing thoroughly, add 1/8 cup of white vinegar to the last clear rinse then roll gently in a towel to remove excess water; lay flat to dry. You can press with a cool iron if needed or dry clean your product. Be sure to follow the instructions on the label for best results.
This yarn also comes in a variety of colors ranging from all colors of the rainbow: Baby's Breath, Yellow Buttercup, Morning Glory, Lush Blueberry, Blooming Lilac, Cherry Blossom, Nectarine Blossom, Tuscan Olive, Heathered Plum, Peat Moss and so much more. There are over 30 amazing colors to choose from.
After choosing your color palette for your knit pattern you need to decide what to make. With a DK yarn like this you can work up a beautiful knit sweater, a fun winter cowl and even a pair of socks. Enjoy the fresh look of Serendipity Tweed by adding it to your yarn collection.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Kaisercraft Beyond the Page Advent Calendar Kit
- Enter to win Lion Brand Fun Fur Yarn!
- Chance to win Serendipity Tweed Yarn!
- Chance to win the Christmas in the Village Cardstock Collection!
- Chance to win Burly Spun Yarn!
- Chance to win Bernat Maker Home Dec Yarn!
- Enter to win Lion Brand Wool-Ease Yarn!
- The Best Yarn to Use for Christmas Crafts
- Chance to win a Make Your Own Art Kit!
- Candle Magic Snow Glowbies Candle Kit
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Printable Christmas Tree and Ornaments
- Marshmallow Mug Hat
- 22 Fabulous Homemade Christmas Gift Ideas
- Santa Belly Pot Holder
- Snowman Belly Pot Holder
- Granny Christmas Tree
- 21 Homemade Christmas Wreaths To Decorate Your Home
- 23 Animal Craft Ideas for Christmas
- 25 Christmas Paper Crafts for Kids
- 13 Printable Christmas Ornaments
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects