23 Animal Craft Ideas for Christmas
Owl crafts, reindeer crafts, penguin crafts, and more adorable animal ideas!
We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
Polar bears, penguins, and reindeer, oh my! Animal crafts never fail to be the cutest of all crafts, especially when it comes to Christmas crafts. Christmas animals just happen to be some of the most adorable around. In this collection, 23 Animal Craft Ideas for Christmas, we have assembled some of the best animal Christmas crafts. Winter animal crafts are not only a blast to make, but they always make fantastic homemade Christmas gifts. People of all ages love receiving adorable animal presents. From hats to DIY Christmas ornaments to toys and much more, you won't want to stop crafting.
Since these animal projects range from using all sorts of materials and crafting skills, we have divided them up into types. First are the crochet ideas. So many glorious crochet animals that you will really love. Next up is knitted animal ideas. These free knit animal patterns are so sweet and will provide you at least a few nights of knitting by the fire. The needlework animal crafts include sewing projects, both machine and by hand, including embroidery. If you're looking to get the children involved, then check out our last section for Christmas crafts for kids (animal addition).
Get Christmas inspiration delivered straight
to your inbox by signing up for our e-newsletter!
Table of Contents
If you're looking for easy crochet animals, you don't want to skip this section. Though there is a range of crochet ideas, we have several that are on the simpler side. These Christmas crafts will have you awwing as your crochet pattern starts to come together. If you are looking for some brilliant DIY Christmas gifts, then look no further than these delightful crochet hats, one with a penguin theme and the other with good ol' Rudolph the Reindeer.
MORE CROCHET! YAY! Take a look at 14 Crochet Christmas Ornaments
Free Knit Animal Patterns
These knitting patterns are Christmas miracles. All of these happen to be homemade Christmas ornaments but you can easily make one of these birds, teddy bears, or polar bear crafts for your tables instead. If you love to knit, then these animal crafts are right down your alley. Knit little scarves, hats, and sweaters for these friendly festive animals to make them even more irresistible. We promise that you will be knitting up a storm this Christmas when you have such fun ideas.
Never buy a gift again. You can make so many awesome gifts with 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More free eBook
Needlework Animal Crafts
If you love sewing projects of all kids, then we have a Christmas treat for you. These Christmas crafts range in skill level as well as the type of sewing. From hand needlework to machine sewing, you will love the reindeer crafts, along with the impressive amount of owl crafts we have for you. These truly make the most thoughtful homemade Christmas gifts, especially for kids. You will find fun pillows to sew up, as well as ornaments and toys. There's even a Swedish Dala horse, which is a traditional craft that we all need to adapt.
Christmas Animal Crafts for Kids
As much as adults love animal crafts, we think it's safe to say that they are definitely some of the most favorite Christmas crafts for kids. These animal crafts for kids are fun for them to make and you will love them, too. You will want to display these penguin craft projects, along with the rest of the animals, all winter long. The beauty of winter animal crafts is that they can be made during snowstorms or when it's too cold to play outside.
Christmas is the perfect time of year to bring the family together for fun activities. Give them lots to do with this collection: 38 Really Easy Christmas Crafts for Kids
What's your favorite animal? Share with us in the comments!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Sewists, get excited, because now you're going to love these Festive Patchwork Stars and Hearts. The craft star and heart designs have… Continue reading: "Festive Patchwork Stars and Hearts"
- Top 10 Christmas Craft Blogs
- 22 Pine Cone Crafts for Christmas
- Crochet Ornaments: 30 Free Christmas Patterns
- 33 Burlap Projects You Can't Miss
- 17 Quilt Patterns for Christmas
- How to Make Paper Snowflakes
- 14 Book Craft Ideas for Christmas
- A Summer Christmas: 21 Christmas in July Crafts
- 36 Really Easy Christmas Crafts for Adults
- 13 Christmas Keepsake Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Easy Snowflakes For Dummies
- Paper Snowflake Ornament
- Gnome Ornament From Paper Rolls
- Printable Grinch Word Search
- Printable Elf on the Shelf Activities
- Bruce The Spruce Tree
- Round Textured Crochet Flower Tablemat
- Easy To Make Rosebud Spring Flower Coaster
- Easy To Make Crochet Sunflower Mini Doily
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects