Crochet Ornaments: 27 Free Christmas Patterns
These homemade Christmas ornaments are the perfect projects for crocheters!
We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
Crochet ornaments are truly fabulous Christmas projects. They are small, which usually means they are quick to make. There is an endless supply of free crochet patterns for Christmas ornaments, so you should never run out of ideas or inspiration. You can decorate an entire tree exclusively with crochet, or you can gift the ornaments to friends, family, neighbors, and coworkers. They are perfect little presents for anyone on your list.
Now that we've established that Christmas crochet ornaments are fantastic crafts, all we need are projects! Here at AllFreeChristmasCrafts, you can find Crochet Ornaments: 27 Free Christmas Patterns. From wreaths to snowflakes to Santa and more, you are sure to find an abundance of Christmas crafting inspiration right here, right now.
Table of Contents
Wreath Crochet Christmas Ornaments
Christmas wreaths are a traditional Christmas decoration that makes for adorable crochet Christmas ornaments. Decorate your tree with these beautiful crochet ornament ideas. Many of these wreath ornaments are fabulous for beginners because you just crochet the same design in a circle until finished. What could be easier to try out? You can also make these adorable free christmas patterns as gifts for friends and family.
Once the kids start winter break, you have to keep them entertained without breaking your holiday budget. We have the solution in our free eBook, 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids. These easy Christmas crafts for kids will keep your little ones busy and give them another reason to get excited about decorating the tree. Get the 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids eBook, and don't forget to sign up for the AllFreeChristmasCrafts newsletter, Crafty Christmas Ideas. 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids free eBook
Crochet Snowflake Patterns
Crochet snowflake patterns are some of the loveliest crochet crafts for the holidays. Using lightweight yarn, these free easy crochet patterns always look so elaborate and turn out absolutely beautiful. You don't even have to use white yarn! Experiment with festive colors or really any color when you try these crochet ornaments. This project is always so fun to work on and you can make an array of these snowflakes to hang all over the house, projecting a pretty wintery feeling in your surroundings. This can be calming and lovely for your home.
Stocking and Clothes Ornaments
The only thing cuter than Christmas clothing is miniature Christmas clothing. Your tree will look precious when you adorn it with sweater ornaments and stocking ornaments this year. The sweaters can double as doll clothing. The stocking ornaments can double as regular stockings for the mantel, perfect if someone you know is only getting a lump of coal! Just kidding. These minatures are a wonderful touch to your tree, or coffee table, or mantel and really help to heighten your seasonal atmosphere. No one can resist these little nuggets of holiday cheer.
There are so many great crochet Christmas ornaments out there, so be sure you don't settle for something boring. Make sure this doesn't happen by checking out the projects featured in 12 Crochet Christmas Ornaments
Crochet Santa Claus Ornaments
Santa has been a classic Christmas icon for years and will be for years to come. Decorate your tree with Santa Claus craft patterns this year. Once you learn how to crochet your own ornaments, you'll never want to buy one from a store. There are all kinds of creative ways to portray Santa on your tree or throughout your home. He does not need to be in his traditional Santa suit either. You can dress him up all different ways to make him a little more personalized for your family and their interests.
DIY Animal Ornaments
Do you love animals? There are no cuter crochet Christmas ornaments than animal ornaments, and we have two to choose from. Try making an adorable crochet reindeer ornament pattern, perfect for the holiday season. If you love owls, we have an owl crochet ornament for you to try, too.
Homemade Ball Ornaments
If you're looking for a truly unique and beautiful ornament craft, try making one of these homemade ball ornaments. You can try making miniature versions of regular round ornaments, or you can try an even more unusual ball ornament. Every tree needs simple ornaments to balance out the complicated ones.
More Crochet Ornaments for Christmas
Find so many more Christmas icons in this ornament category. You can make a Christmas pickle---and find out what that means, too---or try making a pretty little peppermint. Maybe you want to square off your corners and make ornaments shaped like presents, or perhaps you'd like to make a Star of Bethlehem Crochet Ornament.
Free Craft Video: How to Make a Sewn Heart Ornament
What is your favorite Christmas craft to crochet?
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
- Crochet Ornaments: 27 Free Christmas Patterns
- DIY Christmas Decorations: 300+ Christmas Craft Ideas
- 22 Pine Cone Crafts for Christmas
- Keepsake Christmas Crafts: 13 Photo Projects and Personalized Craft Ideas
- How to Make Paper Snowflakes
- 33 Burlap Projects: Christmas Craft Ideas You Can't Miss
- Bottles and Cans: 28 Upcycling Ideas
- Most Popular Christmas Crafts: Snowmen vs Angels
- 9 Free Christmas Crochet Patterns free eBook
- Candy Cane Crafts: 14 Homemade Christmas Ornaments and Candy Cane Decorations
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Japanese Creations
- Japanese Creations Chigiri-e Washi Paper Art Kit
- Minnesota Chevron Knit Stocking
- Christmas in Cali Knit Stocking
- Charity Crochet Christmas Angel
- Crochet Mistletoe Christmas Angel
- Snowman Snack Cups
- Chunky Knit Christmas Stockings
- Christmas Party Food Toppers
- 38 Really Easy Christmas Crafts for Kids
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects