60 Christmas Crafts from Recycled Items
Christmas is expensive enough. Save money by making recycled Christmas decorations this year!
We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
With this list of 60 Christmas Crafts from Recycled Items, you'll save your hard-earned cash and the planet, one project at a time. Inspiration can strike at any moment and you never know when you'll find a plastic bottle, metal can, or piece of scrap paper you can turn into a Christmas crafts.
For instance, you can make Christmas trees out of old wine corks, coasters out of washers, and recycled Christmas decorations out of Christmas cards.
And don't forget to subscribe to the AllFreeChristmasCrafts newsletter for more projects you love from bloggers you trust, delivered straight to your inbox every week.
If you need ideas for your next gift exchange, try creating recycled Christmas gifts. Many of these projects are kid-friendly, so gather your little ones and show them how much fun recycling can be.
Get started with this awesome video on how to make a Snowman Key DIY Ornament!
Table of Contents
Christmas Crafts from Recycled Materials
With enough know-how and a little imagination, you can create amazing Christmas crafts from recycled materials. If you're not convinced, check out these projects for some inspiration. From homemade Christmas ornaments to kids crafts to mini books and more, you'll love making these crafts from the contents of your recycling bin.
If you love crafts from recycled materials, it's your lucky day. You can learn how to recycle book pages, corks, and other discards to create the one-of-a-kind craft projects below. This is a great way to save money on crafting and help the planet at the same time.
- Book Page Feathers
Make your Christmas dinner table look even more special with these feathers!
- Vintage Paper Fan Homemade Ornaments
Greet the holiday season with the elegance of Japanese arts and crafts that will give a unique touch to your Christmas tree!
- Christmas Joy Chalkboard Paint Bottles
Do you have a few empty bottles on hand? Don't toss them out!
- Recycled Penguins Easy Christmas Craft
Make this Christmas craft to decorate your home!
- Hazelnut Snowman Ornament
These make great gifts because they're unique and can be personalized for a recipient with whatever you choose to use as a scarf around the neck!
- Gold Tipped Pinecone Ornament
Upcycle those pine cones this year with this pine cone ornament!
- Cardboard Cutout Snowman Ornaments
Nothing's cooler than using your recyclables to create totally new Christmas ornaments like these snowman ornaments!
- Stunning DIY Lanterns
If you're looking for some alternative Christmas light ideas, then check out these lanterns.
- How to Make a Cork Reindeer Ornament
Learn how to make a cork reindeer ornament and decorate your tree with Rudolph, Dancer, Prancer, and the whole gang.
- Glitter Champagne Bottles
Add some serious sparkle and shine to any get-together with these bottles!
- Snowman Mason Jar Christmas Craft
Make a super easy Christmas craft with your kids with this snowman mason jar!
- Vintage Cork Wreath
Put old wine corks to good use with this wreath!
- 50-Cent Ornament Art
No need to drop your hard-earned cash on Christmas crafts!
- Vintage Bottle Christmas Ornaments
Once you learn how to wire glass bottles and add beads for decorations, you can use the same idea for antique salt and paper shakers, small tea pots, and other pottery and glass pieces.
- Coffee Filter Snowflakes
When the weather outside is frightful, it's time to craft indoors with the kids.
- Upcycled Plastic Cup Snowman Ornament
If you have a single cup coffee maker and you go through those little plastic cups like there's no tomorrow, then this is the perfect project for you.
- Yogurt Bottle Snowmen
Recycled crafts can be fun for the kids too, especially when they're like these snowmen.
- Snowman Light Bulb Ornament
Save your burnt-out light bulbs and use them to create a fun and glittery ornament!
- Snowballs from Bedspreads
Create some snowballs to sprinkle throughout your house this winter!
- Cork and Paper Ball Ornament
Homemade Christmas ornaments don't have to be complicated or expensive!
- Toilet Paper Tube Angel
With a couple of toilet paper tubes and a few other materials you probably have on hand, you can make these darling angel ornaments for your Christmas tree.
- Sheet Music Boxes Advent Calendar
If you're looking for homemade advent calendar ideas, try this sheet music advent calendar.
Learn how to make a wreath with items you already have at home with our collection: 20 Christmas Wreaths Made from Recycled Materials
Don't spend a fortune on brand new Christmas decorations. Instead, opt for DIY Christmas decorations like these recycled Christmas decor projects. These Christmas crafts allow you to deck your halls without breaking the bank. Plus, these elegant upcycled crafts are sure to impress your guests this winter.
Grab your old rags, mason jars, and other vintage treasures and make your very own decorations that you'll treasure for a lifetime. This list of upcycled decor is one of the easiest ways to get inspired and think creatively this holiday season. Be resourceful with your limited budget and Christmas crafts from recycled items that you'll love showing off.
- DIY Christmas Rag Wreath
When it comes to decorating your home for the holidays, you don't have to break the bank.
- Reclaimed Wood Card Display Board DIY Christmas Decor
No mantel? No problem! This Christmas decor makes use of reclaimed wood, so its a super frugal project.
- Refashioned Wine Bottle Candle Holders
Add a chic ambiance to your next Christmas dinner party with these candle holders!
- Wire Jingle Bell Door Hanger
Put your leftover chicken wire to good use this holiday season with this door hanger!
- Faux Lighted Wine Bottle
Use a plastic condiments bottle instead of a wine bottle and holiday embellishments to create this unique decoration!
- Recycled Toilet Roll Advent Calendar
This budget-friendly craft is made with some recyclable materials right off the bat, saving you some money in the decorations department.
- Giant Coffee Filter Snowball Light
Wow your guests this holiday season with this snowball light!
- Jolly Book Page DIY Banner
Combine old book pages, stamps, and washi tape to create this DIY banner.
- Santa Candles Mason Jar Christmas Crafts
If you're looking for mason jar Christmas ideas, consider this your lucky day.
- Vintage Snowshoe Christmas "Wreath"
A vintage snowshoe is easily repurposed and upcycled into a unique version of a Christmas wreath!
- Winter Coffee Filter Wreath
If you want an absolutely gorgeous wreath without spending too much, you'll love this coffee filter wreath.
- Snowflake Washer Coasters
Create snowflake designs with shiny metal washers!
- Fan Blade Christmas Sign
Don't throw those old ceiling fan blades away!
- Brown Coffee Filters Wreath
Create a beautiful decoration out of a not-so-beautiful with this coffee filters wreath!
- Holiday Pine Cone Hanger
Don’t you just love pine cones?
If you love decorating for the holidays but don't want to go overboard with spending, then take a look at our collection: 45+ Cheap Christmas Decorations for Your Home
Recycled Christmas Gifts
The holiday season can get expensive, especially when it comes to gift-giving. In the end, what you give isn't as important as the sentiment behind the gift itself. Instead of spending big bucks on a generic purchase, take a look at these recycled gift ideas. Each project is fun to create and very inexpensive. Enjoy the spirit of the season without the financial stress, all you need is this list of Christmas crafts from recycled items.
With these recycled Christmas gifts, you can treat your loved ones to easy homemade presents when the big day rolls around. Here you'll find ideas to make homemade earrings, hair bows, and more.
- Paint Stick Soap Holder
Looking for an unexpected gift to give someone you love?
- Candy Pick Hair Bows
The special little girl in your life can finally have some Christmas fashion accessories that are as sweet as she is once you make some hair bows!
- Christmas Candy Can
Make a candy can for someone special this holiday season!
- Stunning Lace DIY Necklace
If you've ever wanted to create a unique piece of jewelry, then you need to check out this DIY necklace.
- Candy Christmas Train
Your kids will have a blast making this train!
- Quick and Easy Soda Can Earrings
Look great with help from this soda can Christmas craft!
- DIY Sock Snowman
Love upcycling? Use some socks to create fun, adorable Christmas ornaments with this insanely easy DIY sock snowman tutorial.
- Recycled Cereal Box Christmas Tote
Put one of those cereal boxes to use this holiday season with this Christmas tote!
- Yuletide Friends Cardboard Toys
Similar to paper dolls, these cardboard toys are fun to assemble and even more fun to play with.
- Christmas Tree Cardboard Doll House
This Christmas tree doll house is a new take on the traditional doll house craft!
- Stenciled T-Shirt Sleeve Pouches Recycled Christmas Craft
This Christmas craft makes a fantastic gift for kids of all ages!
These free patterns will give you plenty of ideas to spread some festivity to everyone on your list! Crank up your favorite holiday tunes, break out that sewing machine, and dig into this collection: 32 Easy Sewing Christmas Gifts
Christmas Card Crafts
When Christmas is over, what do you do with all of your holiday cards? Instead of throwing them in the recycling bin, create easy Christmas crafts. This is a great option for the frugal crafter because you don't have to invest in paper or cardstock. Help the environment, cut clutter, and make a craft that's green–literally and figuratively.
Used Christmas cards are a perfect way to add a personal and thoughful touch to any project, so take a look at these homemade Christmas card ideas for inspiration.
- Upcycled Christmas Card Gift Tags
Give those cards a new look with these gift tags!
- Scraptastic Wreath Card
If you hate to throw away your Christmas cards every season, keep this wreath card in mind.
- Recycled Card Ornament
If guilt is preventing you from throwing away all of those Christmas cards, or if you just like the look of them, this ornament may be right up your alley.
- Recycled Christmas Card Folded Tags
Making your own gift tags like these folded tags is an easy way to add a personal touch to any present!
- Recycled Christmas Card Gift Tags
Instead of rushing to the store to buy gift tags, grab some old holiday cards and create your own gift tags.
- Vintage Card Christmas Banner
Go back in time with this gorgeous Christmas banner!
- Homemade Photo Ornament From Christmas Cards
Use your old Christmas cards to create your own homemade photo ornament!
- Classic Card Gift Box
Create festive little packages for gift cards, money, and more with this gift box.
- Folded Christmas Card Box
Christmas card designs are getting more and more diverse every year, so making a Folded Christmas Card Box seems like a great new way to use them.
- Recycled Holiday Card Tags
If you're stuck with leftover scraps from your DIY Christmas cards, turn them into holiday card tags.
What types of materials do you like to work with when creating recycled Christmas crafts? Tell us below!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Project of the Day
"See how to make an embroidered wreath ornament! This is a quick and easy DIY ornament tutorial that is perfect for making in bulk. No… Continue reading: "Embroidered Wreath Ornament Tutorial"
- How to Recycle Broken Christmas Ornaments
- Silver Platter Advent Calendar
- DIY Wintry Epsom Salt Jars
- Mini Illuminated Pine Cone Christmas Tree
- 60 Christmas Crafts from Recycled Items
- 21 Mason Jar Christmas Gifts You Can't Resist
- Recycled Juice Cup Winter Scenes
- Junk Mail Christmas Ornaments
- Toilet Paper Roll Wreath Ornaments
- 5 Ways to Decorate for Christmas with Coffee Filters + More Green Craft Ideas
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Santa's Beard
- Crochet Christmas Tree Applique Or Ornament
- Diy Yarn-filled Christmas Ornaments
- Repurposed Road Map Christmas Trees
- Crochet Snowflake Free Pattern
- Fabric Postcard Ornaments
- Candy Cane Mason Jar Luminary
- Diy Cake Plate Stand
- Christmas Wish List Printables For Kids
- Repurposed Eyewear Christmas Ornaments For The Tree
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects