47 Simple Gift Wrapping Ideas for Christmas
Sometimes, all it takes is a little creative gift wrap to add just the right touch to a present!
We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
Do you absolutely love giving gifts bundled up in creative gift wrap? If you do, you're in the right place. After all, no Christmas gift is complete without a little handmade touch, and putting your craftiness to good use is the perfect way to give gifts in a more personal way. There are so many wonderful gift wrapping ideas that start with a few special materials and end with a lot of love. Find your creative gift wrapping inspiration here with paper crafts and more.
Table of Contents
Gift Wrapping Ideas with Ribbon
Ribbon is an easy craft material to work with, but it adds such an elegant touch to wrapped presents. You won't want to miss out on these favorite simple gift wrapping ideas using ribbon, so be sure to consider each option below. You can use extra wide wired ribbon for something extra stunning, or select a thinner ribbon if you want something more cute and whimsical.
If you love adding ribbon to your presents but are running out of ways to incorporate it, then stick around. Each of the ideas below are inexpensive ways to make your wrapped gifts really stand out this year.
When you have this collection at your disposal, there's no reason not to get creative: 16 Ribbon Craft Ideas for Christmas
Creative Gift Wrapping Techniques
Wouldn't you love to learn how to wrap Christmas gifts that look great and have a personal touch? These Christmas gift wrapping ideas below are so creative and very easy to execute. You'll never want to buy wrapping paper again when you have these creative DIY ideas to choose from.
Best of all, some of the ideas below include free printables that take a lot of the work out of wrapping, which is especially great if you are short on time. Switch up your gift wrapping techniques this year, and you'll truly "wow" your loved ones with your creativity. Your gifts will look so lovely that no one will want to open them!
Christmas shopping is starting earlier and earlier every year, but the prices aren't getting any lower! For great do it yourself Christmas gifts, check out our guide: The Ultimate Gift Guide: 360+ Homemade Christmas Gifts and Ideas
Gift Wrapping Ideas Without a Box
No box? No problem! You can learn how to wrap your gift using things like glass canisters, fabric, and tin cans. These gift wrapping ideas are fun and unexpected ways to make a statement this holiday season. You can even create your own gift card holders to add a personal touch to a basic gift.
These ideas for wrapping your presents are sure to make a big impression at your Christmas party or family gathering. Whether you like to paint, sew, or cut and paste, there's a perfect gift wrapping idea here for you. Let's face it - you'll be thinking "outside the box" from now on!
DIY Gift Tags, Toppers, and Bows
It's no secret that gift toppers make presents feel more complete. By adding homemade gift bows, tags, or other creative embellishments to your Christmas gifts, you are showing the recipient that you went the extra mile. These little crafts are so fun to make and will give you that festive touch your present has been needing.
However you decide to get your wrapping done, be sure to finish off those gifts with beautiful handmade gift tags and toppers like the ones below. From polymer clay gift tags to fabulous paper bows, you will love these gift topper ideas.
From homemade ornaments to DIY decorations to budget-friendly gift ideas, there are so many ways to create more while spending less! Browse our collection and learn how to make the holidays a little less expensive: 50 Cheap Homemade Christmas Crafts
Handmade Gift Boxes
Do you have lots of little trinkets to give as gifts? You'll love these DIY gift boxes. After all, creative gift wrap is so much cuter in miniature form. Your DIY Christmas gifts will be handmade from head to toe when you use these present wrapping ideas. In fact, you'll never give a ordinarily-wrapped gift again!
With these handmade gift boxes, you'll be presenting your loved one with something that won't just be thrown away after opening. These festive little packages are great for gift cards, money, and practically anything else you can think of. These boxes will make the perfect stocking stuffers for anyone in the family.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Project of the Day
"School aged kids and older can make this wreath ornament for the tree using green card, a white gel pen and a few red buttons. There… Continue reading: "Paper Wreath Christmas Ornament"
- Top 10 Christmas Craft Blogs
- What is Christmas in July?
- Crochet Ornaments: 30 Free Christmas Patterns
- A Summer Christmas: 21 Christmas in July Crafts
- 13 Christmas Keepsake Crafts
- 33 Burlap Projects You Can't Miss
- 25 Knitting Patterns for Christmas
- 36 Really Easy Christmas Crafts for Adults
- 22 Pine Cone Crafts for Christmas
- 14 Best Dollar Store Crafts for Christmas
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Winter Welcome Snowman Wreath
- Festive Foam Cup Snowmen
- Reversible Snowman Wood Sign
- Make Your Own Rectangle Crochet Basket
- How To Make A Popcorn Crochet Flower
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create free eBook
- 10 Quick and Easy Christmas Gifts to Make free eBook
- Teddy Bear Crochet Basket
- Flower Motif Edged Crochet Table Mat
- Loopy Spring Coaster - Created Out Of Bulky Yarn Made From One Ball Of Light Weight Yarn
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects